Tuesday 10 April 2012

Cloth dolls and anything with yellow

As the weather was pretty grim over Easter we knew we couldn't have our teaparty in the wood as we had planned. So on monday morning I rushed around and tried to make the house have a springtime look. Tony brought home some yellow tulips and and I cut some yellow flowers from the garden.I found my favourite table cloth which is decorated with embroidered yellow flowers and grouped together every cloth doll I still have and perched them on what I think was meant to hold candles.



I made some lemony cupcakes and cheesey scones,a.fruit cake and sandwiches.Kind friends brought more,even a gift of a yellow teapot. Then I couldn't resist throwing my just (almost finished quilt) over the sofa  though the colours didn't fit . I now have to finish the other quilt. All the pieces were meant to be one huge quilt but two the same size, if different happened. Next I want to make a crazy quilt covered in lace etc,I have so much it would use some of it up.The photo of the quilt is too pink,the background to most of the materials is cream.

8 comments:

  1. Your place looks gorgeous, all dressed up in it's party gear. What a wonderful quilt, love the colours. Your dolls look fantastic all grouped together :) Sounds like you had a fab Easter despite the weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks lovely. Our weather is very chilly and not springlike at all...brrrr. Your quilt looks marvelous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tea party Jill - thank you so much for the invite. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling setting.Hope the tea party was a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't post here without doing it as a reply...but ne'er mind (I'm sure Judy won't!)

      We were over there until the Thursday before easter...and had great weather...then when we got home, there was a layer if ICE on the pavement!! Huh! Welsh weather!!

      Love the dolly babes :-))

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely quilt..I like the view from your window looks like a lovely garden. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was
    once a leisure account it. Look advanced to far introduced agreeable from you!
    However, how could we keep in touch?

    Also visit my web site; Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments and thank you now if you should write one
They are all read and mean alot to me.